Alert Montgomery Police Community Alert System | Community Spirit
The following information was sent to us by Montgomery County Police:
In a continuing effort to connect to the community via technology, the Montgomery County Department of Police has launched the Community Alert System. The Community Alert System is part of the County’s Alert Montgomery program. The Montgomery County Police will send messages via email and/or text messages to cell phones, pagers, smart phones in regards to a variety of police issues to include crime trends, critical incidents, missing persons and more.
The Alert Montgomery System has many selectable alert groups to include the Montgomery County Public Schools, Parks, Montgomery College, Municipalities, as well as traffic and weather alerts.
Anyone that works, lives or has an interest in Montgomery County is encouraged to sign up at www.alert.montgomerycountymd.gov . Users will be prompted to select particular geographical police areas known as beats, under MCPD Police District Alerts tab.
If users are not sure what beat they live or work in, please email the address or addresses you want to be alerted for, to email@example.com and we will provide you the beat information you need. Please allow 72 hours for a response.
An example of a beat in Rockville would be “Adam 1”, the user would select Adam 1 Beat to receive alerts for that area. If users would like a more global approach they can sign up for an entire district (1st District – Rockville) to receive district wide messages. Users can sign up for multiple beats or districts (work, school, etc).
The Montgomery County Police offer several technologies to connect with the community such as:
- Citizen Online Reporting - http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/poltmpl.asp?url=/content/pol/coplogic/cologic.asp
- Vehicle Accident Report System - https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/VARPS/Home.aspx
- Crime Reports.com –
- Crime Tips –
Anonymous Crime Tips / Crime Solvers
The Montgomery County Police receive crime tips through several mediums to include phone, text, web and now smart phone apps. Tips for designated Crime Solvers cases are eligible for a reward up to $1000.
To provide a crime tip, users can:
- Call 240-773-TIPS (8477) (English, Spanish, French 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week)
- Text 274637 (CRIMES) in the "to" line. In the message body, type MCPD, a space, and then your crime tip information.
- Web tips can be sent by visiting the Montgomery County Department of Police web page or the link above in forms that are in English, Spanish, French. Photographs can be also be uploaded via web page tips.
- The Montgomery County Police tip system can also be accessed through iPhone and Android apps. Users should visit iTunes or Android Market and search for Tip Submit. For more information visit - http://www.tipsoft.com/index.asp?P=TipSubmitMobile
All Montgomery County Department of Police technologies are available to the public on the police web site www.montgomerycountymd.gov/police.