Montgomery Parks July 4th Operating Schedule And Events | Events
SILVER SPRING, Md. – Most Montgomery Parks and facilities will operate its usual hours on Wednesday, July 4th. But before you plan your outing, check out what parks will be closed or operate on shortened schedules on Independence Day.
The following facilities and programs will be closed on July 4:
- Montgomery Parks Nature Centers:
- Locust Grove Nature Center
- Meadowside Nature Center
- Brookside Nature Center
- Montgomery Parks Summer Camps
- Park Permits Office
- Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center at Cabin John Regional Park
- Wheaton Ice Arena at Wheaton Regional Park
The following facilities will close early on July 4th:
- Cabin John Ice Rink at Cabin John Regional Park: Open 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Olney Skate Park at Olney Manor Recreational Park: Open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- South Germantown Driving Range at South Germantown Recreational Park: Open 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Wheaton Tennis at Wheaton Regional Park: Open 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Annual Germantown Glory Fireworks Display will take place at South Germantown Recreational Park. The event begins at 7 p.m. The firework display is scheduled to begin at 9:15 p.m. Visitors should expect delays up to 75 minutes exiting the park.
The Mid-County Sparkles will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Kensington at Albert Einstein High School with a concert by Quiet Fire. The firework display is expected to kick-off at 9:15 p.m. A shuttle will pick up attendees from the Westfield Wheaton Metro Parking Garage beginning at 6:15 p.m. No on-site parking will be available.
Hours for individual parks and facilities are available on the website at: www.MontgomeryParks.org<http://www.MontgomeryParks.org>